Thursday, October 23, 2008

Small Town Stories

I just spent 2 days of about 10-11hrs of tracking guitar. I am beyond tired. I have 40 different guitar riffs smashing against the walls of my skull. All blending into one maddening/repetitive song. Yesterday started well, with a few tracks layed down but then my guitar started to fall to pieces in my hands. What at first seemed to just be an Intonation issue (all the notes on each fret of your guitar must be in tune and not flutter as you progress up the neck. Setting your intonation makes sure this is correct. Basically, your fucked if your intonation is not adjusted. This was me.) After a re-string and quick adjustment it seemed like I was back on track. Not for long though. Most of my time was spent tuning. I was furious on the inside but kept my cool the best I could. Luckily Mr Mikey Teague has the same guitar and he was kind enough to lend it to me. So, I finished all of my guitar tracks, over dubs etc about 1:30mins ago. I didnt feel elation from finishing my guitar parts, or focus on how amazing the record is sounding. I felt relief from the stress these last 2 days have been. not the feeling I was hoping for at all. but it was something.

Now I am going to get some rest because I have a 7am flight to Newcastle in the morning. I am heading up for Luke & Frans wedding (will see the family also as a bonus!) I am excited about the wedding but am also really nervous about playing the song that I wrote for them. You only get one chance to play one song right at your friends wedding. No pressure, no pressure haha. I just seem to be a ball of nervous energy atm. 30% stress 20% caffiene and 50% lethargy. Not a bad mix I guess?!

Im outta here before I forget to pack my toothbrush and enough undies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uggh! I've been having the same issue from two of my guitars; the Gordon Smith Les Paul, and my Tele. It's more so when I tune it and put the capo on, the capo knocks it the fuck outta tune. I have no clue what the problem is!